The Nuts and Bolts of ISBU Buildings!
Okay, after the release of my book – “Introduction to Container Homes and buildings” I received a ton of great reviews;
- Steve Spence from Green-trust.org says; “Alex Klein has been converting steel shipping containers into homes and shelters for quite a while. He’s got a great ebook on how to build your own home for about $40 / sq. ft. Info on insulating, combining units, roofing, and finishing. It’s great stuff. We have read it it and recommend it. It’s a great deal…”
- Jeanne from Punta Gorda, FL says; “I love your book. I can’t wait to have the opportunity to build my own “escape”.”
- Aaron T. from Atlanta, GA says; “I’ve just ordered your book and was totally gripped from cover to cover! What a great intro to a topic I’ve been interested in for as long as I can remember. I managed to finish reading the entire thing in an afternoon.”
- JJ from Sacramento, CA says; “I would love to build one of these dwellings for myself and have been very intrigued with the container models over “bricks & sticks” types of tiny houses. Am so glad you are doing this and hope to see these models catch on in the US. The possibilities are endless!”
- John U. from Quaker Hill, CT says; “Thanks Al. It’s a good read. It gives me hope.”
- Ryan R. from Milwaukee, WI says; “First, got your book….LOVE IT! Worth every penny and more…hoping it will be the ground work for what will one day be my modest dream of making and living in my own house. Looking forward to the full blown version…”
- Vic C from Woodlands TX says; “One very helpful source has been a fellow by the name of Alex Klein, the author of the blog “The Life and Times of a “Renaissance Ronin “. Alex has literally written the book on container construction;
Introduction to Container Homes and Buildings…
Vic goes on to say; “… this e-book is a no-brainer purchase for anyone even remotely interested in building with Corten Steel boxes.”
Vic is the owner of Epic Software Group – and the driving force behind the design and construction of Epic Software’s Creative Co-op Studios built using ISBUs!
- Craig M. from Florence, Ontario says; “Alex’s book “Introduction to Container Homes & Buildings” gave me the motivation to design something that I could do myself right now. I really like how the book illustrates how putting hard work into planning can save the perspective home owner a sizable whack of cash on what we will end up spending on a dwelling. Quite an impressive book.”
- Robert C from Hemet, CA says; “Ronin, after seeing all the “almost impossible to afford or build” ISBU projects on some Architectural Sites, I’d almost given up! Your great book reaffirmed for me that I can build an ISBU home out of Corten Steel for my family that will rival anything in my neighborhood and I can get rid of my banker and his outrageous mortgage at the same time. Bless You! You Sir… have a new disciple! Hoo Yah!”
- Doris L from Reno NV says; “Alex, Thank you for your great book! I’m not a builder, or even a technical person, I’m just a single mom. My dad bought your book for me. And your book taught me more about ISBUs in one evening (pouring through your terrific book from start to finish), than I’d learned going from “ISBU expert site to expert site” on the Internet in months. And you did it in plain English! I want an ISBU Home and I want you to help me build it! (I grew up on Dad’s farm, I can even weld!) And, now my dad wants an ISBU Home too! Thank You!”
And I have over a hundred more just like these in my “atta-boy” folder…
Thanks for the praise and you’re all welcome! I am so pleased that I was able to share the “Steel Insanity” with you! 🙂
The cool thing about writing this book is that I know it is going to plant seeds that are going to change lives of families GLOBALLY.
Many of you know that we’re working on “The ISBU Bible“…
It’s a book that will follow several different kinds of structural builds, using ISBUs, sometimes combined with other types of alternative materials.
Can you say “Earthbags and Strawbales?”
Can you say “CEBs” (Compressed Earth Bricks)?
I knew you could.
The ISBU Bible will follow each build from “Pre-design” all the way through to completion, in a step by step – “Here’s what we did”.
It’s a work in progress and frankly I think it’s going to help standardize and educate the ISBU Building environment. And more importantly, it’s going to make it much easier for you to build your own ISBU Home.
Like most instructional books of this nature, “The ISBU Bible” is going to be more expensive. There are already literally hundreds of hours invested in this book as we get it ready for distribution. We anticipate that it’s going to be in the $85 to $100 dollar range, by the time we get it completed.
In the meantime – we’re all watching the horrors of the housing crisis, the hardships of the economy and the rampant unemployment that is taking its toll on our families.
Worst of all – We’re watching as the “Middle Class” slowly disappears.
And, we’re all seeing inflation slowly creep into the picture, to muddy the waters even further.
As a result of these factors, some of our “highlighted” builds are slowing, as we try to assist everyone that we can and so that families can try to catch their breath.
Things are getting bumpy out there!
We’re watching tornadoes and rivers slowly tear the South apart.
Due to the earthquakes in New Zealand, the Tsunami and Earthquake in Japan, the tornadoes in Alabama and Mississippi, the flooding of the Mississippi River, and now the tornadoes that tore Joplin, Missouri and the Oklahoma City, OK area apart) we’re spending much of our time trying to bring aid and comfort to families in need.
Many of those families have lost everything, including hope.
We seek to restore that hope.
We are literally buried under the landslide of requests asking, pleading… for aid.
We are now working to help hundreds of families that need assistance.
And that means that we need to raise funds to help them.
I’ve decided to release a new book that will talk about HOW you actually connect ISBUs together into that Corten Castle that you crave!
- We’ll talk about tool, materials and common sense applications.
- We’ll talk about how to save time and money.
- We’ll talk about “PRODUCTIVITY!”
“The Nuts and Bolts of ISBU Buildings“
…will cover the fabrication of an ISBU. It will illustrate HOW you actually transform an ISBU (a shipping container) into a Corten Steel clad home.
“The Nuts and Bolts of ISBU Buildings” WILL be released as an E-Book, in the same distribution manner as “Introduction to Container Homes and Buildings” is currently available.
That means that after the release date – you will have the book literally minutes after you make your purchase.
Books like this are time intensive, because they require the generation of CAD drawings and first rate photography.
So, this instructional manual on ISBU Building is going to be a little more expensive than “Introduction to Container Homes and Buildings“. However, we’re going to keep it affordable – aimed directly at the families that need it!
I assure you that it will be worth it!
But wait, there’s MORE:
As an added bonus – you’ll also be able to obtain all the detail drawings as CAD files and “sizable” detail illustrations – to import into your own plans, using most popular CAD software and word processing applications.
Keeping with our goal of keeping these instructional books affordable, we’re going to allow readers to reserve copies in advance at a sizable discount.
We’re going to start shipping in 60 days.
If you reserve your copy NOW, it’s only going to cost you $18.95.
AND it will include a 20% discount on the CAD drawings themselves, should you decide to purchase them.
You really want to think about this.
A lot of time and effort goes into producing these details. You don’t want to have to draw out each one yourself, or worse, pay someone else to do it. That cost would easily exceed the price of the book AND the CAD Disk.
Remember, these detail drawings will clearly spell out exactly HOW you will connect and fabricate your ISBUs as you create your Corten Castle.
And, they’re going to be the details that Planning and Zoning officials (and any builders or contractors) want to see to prove that you KNOW how to build your ISBU home.
When we RELEASE “The Nuts and Bolts of ISBU Buildings” to the general public – it’s going to be priced at $24.95, with the CAD Drawings Package becoming available for $49.95.
They’ll pay “full boat” with no donation credit.
You WILL be able to order the book and CAD files separately.
The SPECIAL RESERVE prices are:
$18.95 – You’ll get “The Nuts and Bolts of ISBU Buildings” or…
$39.95 – for the CAD/Illustration and Drawings alone.
That’s a savings of $6.00 / $10.00 over the release price.
You can also RESERVE a COMBINED PACKAGE NOW.
$49.95 – The entire package – “The Nuts and Bolts of ISBU Buildings” AND the CAD DRAWINGS Package!
Note that you’ll save even more by ordering both of these together.
That’s a savings of almost $25.00 over the release price!
This IS a limited time offer. Seriously. It’s limited. L-I-M-I-T-E-D.
You’re helping families that desperately need it, and in return we’re helping you! 🙂
Seriously, in the same spirit as “Introduction to Container Homes and Buildings” – ALL the proceeds of “The Nuts and Bolts of ISBUs” will go to helping families both build and rebuild their homes.
Get the information that you need NOW and help us help families in need at the same time!!
Reserve your copy of: “The Nuts and Bolts of ISBU Buildings” now!
The button is on the top right side of the page. You can’t miss it!
As we help you, we help others. Thank you for helping THEM.